By Mark Bates
“A should have name for the well-rounded Ruby programmer development complex Rails functions and massive systems!”
OBIE FERNANDEZ, sequence Editor
Complete, Hands-On advisor to construction complex allotted functions with Ruby
Distributed programming strategies make purposes more uncomplicated to scale, enhance, and deploy—especially in rising cloud computing environments. Now, one of many Ruby community’s best specialists has written the 1st definitive consultant to allotted programming with Ruby.
Mark Bates starts with an easy dispensed software, after which walks via an more and more complicated sequence of examples, demonstrating recommendations to the most typical disbursed programming problems.
Bates offers the industry’s Most worthy assurance of Ruby’s commonplace disbursed programming libraries, DRb and Rinda. subsequent, he introduces strong third-party instruments, frameworks, and libraries designed to simplify Ruby allotted programming, together with his personal Distribunaut.
If you’re an skilled Ruby programmer or architect, this hands-on instructional and functional reference may help you meet any allotted programming problem, irrespective of how complex.
• Writing powerful, safe, and interactive functions utilizing DRb—and handling its drawbacks
• utilizing Rinda to construct purposes with more advantageous flexibility, fault tolerance, and repair discovery
• Simplifying DRb carrier administration with RingyDingy
• using Starfish to facilitate conversation among dispensed courses and to put in writing MapReduce features for processing
huge facts sets
• utilizing Politics to customise the tactics working on person server cases in a cloud computing atmosphere
• supplying trustworthy allotted queuing with the low-overhead Starling messaging server
• imposing finished firm messaging with RabbitMQ and complex Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
• Offloading heavyweight projects with BackgrounDRb and DelayedJob